I am sacred of my SATS maybe I shouldn't have to worry about it that much 🙏🙏🙏
I completely understand that you must be feeling scared. Tests and exams can make us feel all kinds of emotions which is perfectly natural. However, taking things one step at a time is really important in helping you to keep calm at times like these. Try the following things to help you keep calm;
- Take one day at a time - try not to think about all the tests you are going to be doing at once as this can make you feel overwhelmed.
- Only focus on the test which is happening that day.
- Remember to congratulate yourself when you have completed the test; it's a big achievement.
- Take some deep breaths (remember: 'breathe in and smell the strawberry, breathe out and blow the candle out)
- Do something you enjoy to help you relax and take your mind off things. Some of the ideas we talked about in our assembly earlier this week might help: having a bath; reading; exercise; practising mindfulness; drawing or doing something creative; or taking a walk for example. I'm sure you can think of some more.
- Talk to someone - sometimes simply talking to someone about how we feel can be really helpful. This could be someone who is going though the same things as us or someone who isn't but has already been through something similar. A listening ear can really help.
Trying to keep calm using some of these strategies can make a big difference to how we feel physically and can calm any nerves or anxiety. Calming our mind can help to calm our physical reactions which in turn calms our emotions. The Calm app we looked at could help if mindfulness works for you; https://www.calm.com/meditate
I know that doing well in your tests will be important to you but please remember, doing your best is all you need to do 😊.
by Mrs McMullen, Assistant Head Teacher - UKS2
You are posting as: Anonymous