Meet the Attendance Team
We are here to help you ensure your child comes to school every day and on time.
(Back row, left: Mrs Drysdale (EYFS Family Outreach) Mrs Cox (UPKS2 Learning Mentor) Mrs Lee (Deputy Headteacher) Mrs Somers (LKS2 Learning Mentor)
(Font row, left: Mr Ali (Attendance and Admissions Manager) Mrs Thompson (KS1 Learning Mentor) Mrs Haywood (Pastoral Care and Safeguarding Leader) Mrs Willshaw (School Business Manager)
Our Attendance Team monitor school attendance and punctuality daily as your child’s learning and well-being is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together with parents/carers is the best way to result in positive attendance outcomes for our children and ask that you support us with ensuring your child regularly attends and is on time.
We cannot be complacent where there are instances of persistently low attendance, or if children are regularly late to school. Below are some of the ways we ensure attendance and punctuality remain a high priority in school.
- Weekly Attendance Team meeting.
- Each Key Phase has a Learning Mentor who works closely with children and families to support and encourage good attendance and punctuality.
- Learning Mentors deliver weekly attendance groups to targeted children with the aim of improving the children’s attendance over time.
- Late door – a Learning Mentor will greet you daily at the Main Entrance if your child arrives after 9am.
- Daily home visits for unexplained/unauthorised absences.
- Parent Workshops aimed at improving Attendance and Punctuality.
- Family Meetings (Exceptional Leave, Persistence Absences/Lateness, Improvement and Thank yous…)
- Working with Cluster schools to identify families requiring additional support.
Please visit the School Office if you wish to make an appointment to speak to a member of our Attendance Team.