25th Jan 2021
A productive week at HPS
We have reached the end of our third week of lockdown and halfway through this half term. It's been another busy and productive week at school. Here's a taster of what has been going on:
- Numbers in the provision bubbles are increasing and staff team B have done a wonderful job keeping the children busy learning. A big shout out to Mr Lockett who continues to put the children through their paces. I am really enjoying hearing them 'working out' in the studio 😊👍
- Home Learning Pack 2 has been lovingly created 💕 These are not just any learning packs, these are Harehills Primary Learning packs!
- The 'HPS deliveroo' team were out an about in the community delivering learning packs to every single child's door.
- At our full governing board meeting, our parent governors gave some lovely feedback about our remote learning offer 👏👏👏
- Mrs Lee has re-created our Learning at home page on the website. Check it out if you haven't already 😊
- Over 130 children joined Zoom class meets which is now up and running in all Year 3 - 6 classes. A fantastic way for staff and children to keep that sense of belonging.💕
- Harehills Oasis Supermarket is fully open and offering a wide range of essentials to our vulnerable families. Thank you to all staff who continue to find ways to make sure our families are fed 👍😁
- The remaining 47 DfE laptops arrived, and a team of willing staff helped Ben to unpack and set these up ready and these were given to very grateful children on Friday. This will definitely enable a bigger number of children to access learning online. We will continue to look for ways to get more laptops for children who need them.
Next week will see us begin to introduce rapid testing for all staff working in school which is definitely another key step in helping keep everyone safe.